What I'm doing Now
Last updated 3 September 2022.
This is a now page. It is a written version of what I might say if we met in person and you asked me what I'm up to. The date at the top is important: it helps the reader determine if this is a now page or a then page.
- I will be near Berkeley during the week of September 12th.
- I will be at Maine-Quebec on October 15-16.
Other than that, I'm typically in either Boston or Providence.
I'm currently actively working on several projects.
- I'm working to develop methods to explicitly and rigorously compute Maass forms. I'm currently implementing a rigorous form of Hejhal's algorithm for weight $0$ Maass forms in arb.
- At the same time, I'm currently writing down interrelated things about Maass forms, including implementation notes for my computational work, the theory behind rigorous evaluation, and work towards an explicit and computable trace formula for forms of nontrivial character on non-squarefree level.
- With my frequent collaborators Chan Ieong Kuan and Alex Walker, I'm investigating discrete reduction problems for the divisor function. We will release a preprint for this soon.
- I supervised a project with some students at PROMYS. We're writing down several of their observations.
I'm not currently teaching.